Aviation Safety Legislation
The Airline Safety and Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010 (PL 111-216) was signed into law on August 1, 2010. For a summary of the provisions included in this new law, please click here.
Safety Improvement Items
- Pilot Records Database
- Flight Crewmember Mentoring, Leadership, and Professional Development
- Crew Member Training, Stall and Upset Recognition and Recovery Training, and Remedial Training Programs
- Regional Air Carrier Ticket Disclosure
- Flight and Duty Time Limits
- Safety Management Systems
- Crew Member Screening/Qualifications
Join Our Email List
If you would like to be contacted regarding ways you can help our cause, please provide your email address below.
Open Action Items
The following items are requirements of The Airline Safety and Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010 (PL 111-216). The colored circles represent the status of each open item. Green circles denote that the item is on track to be completed by the deadline and to our satisfaction. Yellow circles indicate that the resolution is in jeopardy of completion by the assigned deadline or an action is proposed that is not in full compliance with the law. Red circles denote an item that is behind schedule and/or we do not support the proposed resolution.
Click on any circle to view a complete description of the action item, including a history of status updates and actions taken since the passage of PL 111-216.